How Do You Take Your Coffee?
Technomic data reveals how c-store beverage menus are trending toward iced, cold brew and other specialty coffee drinks. Let’s take a look at some of today’s trends, and discover how retailers can benefit from offering them in their stores.
Consumer demand for iced coffee is growing. There has been a 57% year over year increase in the number of iced coffee items on c-store menus, according to Technomics menu monitor.
By simply maintaining one of these dispensed beverage machines and ordering easy to change refills, retailers can expand their coffee bar with minimal investment.
- Java Creations Kona Iced Coffee by Goodwest in Salted Caramel, Mocha, or Vanilla (FOODSERVICE DISPENSED BEVERAGE)
- International Delight Iced Coffee in Mocha or Vanilla (FOODSERVICE DISPENSED BEVERAGE)
- Coffee-Mate Iced Coffee in Mocha or French Vanilla (FOODSERVICE DISPENSED BEVERAGE)
Retail sales of cold brew have grown a whopping 580% from 2011 to 2016, according to Mintel. Cold brew sales are expected to grow another 149% by 2018, showing no signs of slowing down. At the retail level, cold brew sales saw their strongest growth last year.
Given the increase in ready to drink (RTD) cold brew options, as well as the minimal equipment needed to prepare the beverage, c-stores now have the opportunity to get into the cold brew game. With higher price points and profit margin potential, cold brew can easily help c-stores boost their beverage bottom lines.
- Ready to Drink STOK Cold Brew Coffee in three varieties – Mocha, Vanilla and Black (13.8-ounce BOTTLES, RETAIL)
- Java Creations by Goodwest, Cold Brew Black & Bold or Café Au Lait (FOODSERVICE DISPENSED BEVERAGE)
- STOK Cold Brew Coffee*, in Mocha, Vanilla, and Coffee flavors (FOODSERVICE DISPENSED BEVERAGE) *currently only available for Indiana customers
A new player on the market are Forto Coffee Shots – made with super premium Organic & Fair-Trade Arabica beans that are cold brewed for 20 hours. Ready to drink, this 2-ounce double shot of organic coffee delivers 200mg of natural caffeine.
- Forto Coffee Shots (Mocha, Vanilla, Hershey, or Pure Black)
Grinds Coffee Pouches contain no nicotine and no tobacco, just small pouches of flavored coffee, packed with B-Vitamins for energy along with other important nutrients to keep you bright and alert throughout the day. Pop a pouch or two between the teeth and gums just like you would use smokeless tobacco and let the flavors brew. Each pouch is equal to ¼ cup of coffee, or approximately 20-25mg of caffeine.
- Grinds Coffee Pouches, available in 8 flavors – black coffee, caramel, cinnamon, mint chocolate, mocha, peppermint, vanilla, and wintergreen.
How about storing a chewable “cube” of coffee in your pocket to combat the mid-day slump? GoCubes combines the kick of coffee with the relaxation of green tea. Made with cold-brew coffee and premium ingredients, along with a pectin base for perfect texture and mouthfeel, each cube packs half a cup of coffee (50mg caffeine) into a single cube.
- GoCubes Chewable Coffee cubes, available in Latte, Mocha, and Pure Drip