Partnership For A Healthier America
S. Abraham & Sons is proud to announce our three-year commitment with The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) to deliver more nutritious options to our convenience retail partners.
Our Commitment to PHA includes:
- Increase the number of products that meet the PHA Healthier Food and Beverage Criteria.
- Devote a page in our Monthly Marketing Planner each month to highlight items that meet the PHA Healthier Food and Beverage Criteria.
- Modifying our line of Fruit Ridge Farms sandwiches and salads to meet PHA’s Healthier Food and Beverage Criteria.
- Introduce company-sponsored employee wellness programs.
- Participate in PHA’s Fruit and Vegetable Initiative, Healthier Campus Initiative, and Drink Up Initiative
ABOUT THE PARTNERSHIP FOR A HEALTHIER AMERICA (PHA)
The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is devoted to working with the private sector to ensure the health of our nation’s youth by solving the childhood obesity crisis. In 2010, PHA was created in
conjunction with – but independent from – Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! effort. PHA is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that is led by some of the nation’s most respected health and
childhood obesity experts. PHA brings together public, private and nonprofit leaders to broker meaningful commitments and develop strategies to end childhood obesity. Most importantly, PHA ensures that commitments made are commitments kept by working with unbiased, third parties to monitor and publicly report on the progress our partners are making. For more information about PHA, please visit www.aHealthierAmerica.org and follow PHA on Twitter @PHAnews.
Participating PHA Healthier Food and Beverage Options:
- Think Thin Oatmeal Cups
- GoCo Coconut Snacks
- Clif Nut Butter Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Baby Bel Cheese