S. Abraham and Sons, Inc. was founded in 1927 by the late Sleyman Abraham as a family owned business. The Abraham family lived in the apartment above the store allowing Sleyman Abraham to have a higher level of awareness and commitment that would assure SAS’s success. Sleyman Abraham passed the business on to his three sons, Abe, Jim, and Wade, hence the “Sons” in the company name. The original three sons have passed the company on to their sons – Alan and Jerry Abraham.
Today, S. Abraham & Sons is a fourth generation convenience store distributor serving the needs of convenience retailers throughout eight Midwestern states.
Food Distributor Keeps Rolling for 90 years – Grand Rapids Business Journal, February 2017
Delivering Awesome Customer Service Since 1927
1927 – 1975: South Division, Grand Rapids, Michigan
1975 – 1993: Roger B. Chafee Blvd, Wyoming, Michigan