S. Abraham and Sons, Inc. was founded in 1927 by the late Sleyman Abraham as a family owned business.
The Abraham family lived in the apartment above the store allowing Sleyman Abraham to have a higher level of awareness and commitment that would assure SAS’s success. Sleyman Abraham passed the business on to his three sons, Abe, Jim, and Wade, hence the “Sons” in the company name. The original three sons have passed the company on to their sons – Alan and Jerry Abraham.
Today, SAS, a division of Imperial Trading Company, is the leading distributor in the Midwest with a complete service program for the convenience store business. It also actively services drug stores, grocery stores, school and university stores and other alternative convenience retail destinations. SAS employs over 500 people, and has distribution centers in Grand Rapids, MI and Indianapolis, IN.
1927 – 1975
South Division, Grand Rapids, Michigan
1975 – 1993
Roger B. Chafee Blvd, Wyoming, Michigan
3 Mile Road, Walker, Michigan
S. Abraham & Sons and Imperial Trading Company merged June 29, 2018.
Imperial Trading Company is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Together SAS and Imperial Trading Company service 19 states stretching from the Canadian Border to the Gulf of Mexico.